Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama
Tenzin Gyatso, (Lhamo Thondup) the 14th Dalai Lama was born on July 6, 1935
in province of Amdo, Tibet.
Published spiritual books by the Dalai Lama include "The Art of Happiness:
A Handbook for Living", "How to Practice : The Way to a Meaningful
Life", and "An Open Heart: Practicing Compassion in Everyday Life".
Famous Spiritual Quotes>
Quotes of the Dalai Lama
The Dalai Lama's Quotes
- In order to make non-violence a reality we must first work on internal
disarmament and then proceed to work on external disarmament.
Dalai Lama Quote
- Environmental damage is often gradual and not easily apparent and
by the time we become aware of it, it is generally too late.
- If there is one area in which both education and the media have a
special responsibility, it is, I believe, our natural environment.
- To put it' another way, until now, Mother Earth has been able to tolerate
our sloppy house habits. However, the stage has now been reached where
she can no longer accept our behaviour in silence.
- Too much or too little of any one thing can have destructive effects.
- Good wishes are not sufficient; we must become actively engaged.
- Instead, let us listen to the teachings with the determined wish
to attain the state of omniscience for the sake of all beings.
- If there is love, there is hope to have real families, real brotherhood,
real equanimity, real peace.
Quotes The Dalai Lama
See also: Dalai
Lama Biography, Religious
Tibetan People, Famous
People Born in July, Famous
Famous People Born in the 1930s, Famous
People Born in the Year of the Boar
Rights Activists, Famous
Spiritual Writers, Nobel
Peace Prize Winners
Spiritual Guide> Famous
Inspirational Quotes> His Holiness the Dalai Lama