Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama
Tenzin Gyatso, (Lhamo Thondup) the 14th Dalai Lama was born on July 6, 1935
in province of Amdo, Tibet.
Published spiritual books by the Dalai Lama include "The Art of Happiness:
A Handbook for Living", "How to Practice : The Way to a Meaningful
Life", and "An Open Heart: Practicing Compassion in Everyday Life".
Famous Spiritual Quotes>
Quotes of the Dalai Lama
Dalai Lama's Quotes
- Wherever it occurs, poverty is a significant contributor to social
disharmony, ill health, suffering and armed conflict.
Dalai Lama Quote
- I believe in humanity, and its level in a person is more important
than his or her belief or faith.
- If we continue along our present path, the situation could become
- If we are serious in our commitment to the fundamental principles
of equality that I believe lie at the heart of the concept of human
rights, today's economic disparity can no longer be ignored.
- To my mind there is an intimate connection between democratic values
and the fundamental values of human goodness.
- I have found that the greatest degree of inner tranquility comes from
the development of love and compassion.
- Peace starts within each one of us. When we have inner peace, we can
be at peace with those around us.
- When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others
feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness
- Religions must serve humanity, not the other way around.
Quotes Dalai Lama
See also: Dalai
Lama Biography, Religious
Tibetan People, Famous
People Born in July, Famous
Famous People Born in the 1930s, Famous
People Born in the Year of the Boar
Rights Activists, Famous
Spiritual Writers, Nobel
Peace Prize Winners
Spiritual Guide> Famous
Inspirational Quotes> His Holiness the Dalai Lama