Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama
Tenzin Gyatso, (Lhamo Thondup) the 14th Dalai Lama was born on July 6, 1935
in province of Amdo, Tibet.
Published spiritual books by the Dalai Lama include "The Art of Happiness:
A Handbook for Living", "How to Practice : The Way to a Meaningful
Life", and "An Open Heart: Practicing Compassion in Everyday Life".
Famous Spiritual Quotes>
Quotes of the Dalai Lama
The Dalai Lama Quotes
- If the love within your mind is lost, if you continue to see other
beings as enemies, then no matter how much knowledge or education you
have, no matter how much material progress is made, only suffering and
confusion will ensue.
Dalai Lama Quote
- The foundation of all spiritual practice is love. That you practice
this well is my only request.
- All religions believe in forces beyond material progress.
- We find that altruism, as well as the person who possesses it, is
regarded as the friend of all, and it becomes the object of veneration
and respect by others.
- An affectionate disposition not only makes the mind more peaceful
and calm, but it affects our body in a positive way too.
- Again, conservation is not merely a question of morality, but a question
of our own survival.
- With the realization of ones own potential and self-confidence in
ones ability, one can build a better world.
Quotes by The Dalai Lama
See also: Dalai
Lama Biography, Religious
Tibetan People, Famous
People Born in July, Famous
Famous People Born in the 1930s, Famous
People Born in the Year of the Boar
Rights Activists, Famous
Spiritual Writers, Nobel
Peace Prize Winners
Spiritual Guide> Famous
Inspirational Quotes> His Holiness the Dalai Lama