Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama
Tenzin Gyatso, (Lhamo Thondup) the 14th Dalai Lama was born on July 6, 1935
in province of Amdo, Tibet.
Published spiritual books by the Dalai Lama include "The Art of Happiness:
A Handbook for Living", "How to Practice : The Way to a Meaningful
Life", and "An Open Heart: Practicing Compassion in Everyday Life".
Famous Spiritual Quotes>
Quotes of the Dalai Lama
Dalai Lama Quotations
- I see myself as a reflection, like moon on water. When you see me,
and I try to be a good man, you see yourself.
Dalai Lama Quote
- The need for love lies at the very foundation of human existence.
- Everything we do has some effect, some impact.
- As a Buddhist monk, I usually have no solid meal after lunch, no dinner.
So that is also a benefit.
- One of my favourite prayers says, 'So long as space remains,/ So
long as sentient beings suffer and remain,/ I will remain in order to
serve'. This gives me a lot of comfort. This is the meaning of my life.
- Finding common ground among faiths can help us bridge needless divides
at a time when unified action is more crucial than ever.
- As a species, we must embrace the oneness of humanity as we face global
issues like pandemics, economic crises and ecological disaster.
- Harmony among the major faiths has become an essential ingredient
of peaceful coexistence in our world.
- But today, despite all our wars, we find that the human population
is greater than ever. This clearly indicates to me that love and compassion
predominate in the world.
- This form of compassion affirms the principles of dignity and justice
for all embodied in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Dalai Lama Famous Quotes
See also: Dalai
Lama Biography, Religious
Tibetan People, Famous
People Born in July, Famous
People Born in the 1930s, Famous
People Born in the Year of the Boar, Famous
Spiritual People, Famous
Spiritual Writers, Human
Peace Prize Winners
Spiritual Guide> Famous
Inspirational Quotes> 14th Dalai Lama Quotes