Kabir, also Kabira, was born in 1398 and is said to have relinquished
his body in 1518. Kabir was born in or around Benares, India.
books about Kabir include Charlotte Vaudeville, "A Weaver Named Kabir",
Mitchell, Stephen A. "The Enlightened Heart ", "SONGS OF KABÎR",
translated by Rabindranath Tagore, and Robert Bly's "The Kabir Book".
Famous Spiritual Quotes>
- O SERVANT, where dost thou seek Me?Lo! I am beside thee.I am neither
in temple nor in mosque: I am neither in Kaaba nor in Kailash:Neither am I in
rites and ceremonies, nor in Yoga and renunciation.If thou art a true seeker,
thou shalt at once see Me: thou shalt meet Me in a moment of time.Kabîr
says, "O Sadhu! God is the breath of all breath."
- If the Guru be blind the disciple is born blind: When the
blind lead the blind both fall into well!
- Man is but a doll made from five elements, to whom a human's
name is given ... We are but guest of four days, yet we take up so much room!
not praise yourself not slander others: There are still many days to go and any
thing could happen!
- Him whom I went out to seek, I found just where I was: He now
has become myself whom before I called `Another'!
- Are you looking for me? I am in the next seat.My shoulder is
against yours.you will not find me in the stupas, not in Indian shrinerooms, nor
in synagogues, nor in cathedrals:not in masses, nor kirtans, not in legs windingaround
your own neck, nor in eating nothing but vegetables.When you really look for me,
you will see me instantly you will find me in the tiniest house of time.
not go to the garden of flowers!O friend! go not there;In your body is the garden
of flowers.Take your seat on the thousand petals of the lotus, and there gaze
on the infinite beauty.
- The effulgance of the supreme Being is beyond the imagination:
Ineffable is His beauty, to see it is the only `proof'.
Quotes> Famous Kabir poems