Clive Staples Lewis, (who is better known as C.S. Lewis) the
spiritual and fantasy author was born on the 29th of November, 1898 and died on
the 22nd of November, 1963. He was born in Belfast, in Ireland. Lewis was made
famous through his childern's series, The Chronicles of Narnia which contain Christian
themes and is now been made into a film, Lewis was also well known for his Christian
apologetics, and medieval literature.
Published spiritual and fictional
books by C.S. Lewis include "The Chronicles of Narnia","The
Pilgrim's Regress", "Space Trilogy", and "The Great Divorce".
Famous Spiritual Quotes>
- I pray because I can't help myself. I pray
because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking
- It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not
too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink
and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us.
- If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable,
I certainly dont recommend Christianity.
- A man who gives in to temptation after five minutes simply
does not know what it would have been like an hour later. That is why bad people,
in one sense, know very little about badness.
- Nothing so enriches an erotic love as the discovery that
the Beloved can deeply, truly and spontaneously enter into Friendship with the
Friends you already had.
- Things never happen the same way twice.
- Thus, in one sense, the road back to God is a road of
moral effort, of trying harder and harder.
S Lewis Quotes
See also: Authors,
Irish People, Famous
People Born in November
Spiritual Writers, Famous
Inspirational Quotes> C.S. Lewis Quotations