Clive Staples Lewis, (who is better known as C.S. Lewis) the
spiritual and fantasy author was born on the 29th of November, 1898 and died on
the 22nd of November, 1963. He was born in Belfast, in Ireland. Lewis was made
famous through his childern's series, The Chronicles of Narnia which contain Christian
themes and is now been made into a film, Lewis was also well known for his Christian
apologetics, and medieval literature.
Published spiritual and fictional
books by C.S. Lewis include "The Chronicles of Narnia","The
Pilgrim's Regress", "Space Trilogy", and "The Great Divorce".
Famous Spiritual Quotes>
- Has this world been so kind to you that you
should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.
- There are two kinds of people: those who say to God,
"Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then,
have it your way."
- "You play the hand you're dealt. I think the game's
- If you are a Christian, you are free to think that all
these religions, even the queerest ones, contain at least some hint of the truth.
- Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth
and you get neither.
- Humans are amphibians - half spirit and half animal.
As spirits they belong to the eternal world, but as animals they inhabit time.
- This is one of the miracles of love: It gives a power of seeing
through its own enchantments and yet not being disenchanted.
See also: Authors,
Irish People, Famous
People Born in November
Spiritual Writers, Famous
Inspirational Quotes> Famous C.S. Lewis Quotations