Clive Staples Lewis, (who is better known as C.S. Lewis) the
spiritual and fantasy author was born on the 29th of November, 1898 and died on
the 22nd of November, 1963. He was born in Belfast, in Ireland. Lewis was made
famous through his childern's series, The Chronicles of Narnia which contain Christian
themes and is now been made into a film, Lewis was also well known for his Christian
apologetics, and medieval literature.
Published spiritual and fictional
books by C.S. Lewis include "The Chronicles of Narnia","The
Pilgrim's Regress", "Space Trilogy", and "The Great Divorce".
Famous Spiritual Quotes>
- Writing comes as a result of a very strong
impulse, and when it does come, I for one must get it out.
- Scripture itself is not systematic; the New Testament
shows the greatest variety. God has shown us that he can use any instrument.
- You cant lay down any pattern for God. There are many
different ways of bringing people into his Kingdom, even some ways that I specially
- As Christians we are tempted to make unnecessary concessions
to those outside the faith. We give in too much.
- We must show our Christian colors, if we are to be true
to Jesus Christ. We cannot remain silent or concede everything away.
- I sometimes think that writing is like driving sheep
down a road. If there is any gate open to the left or the right the readers will
most certainly go into it.
- I am not a contemporary scholar. I am not even a scholar
of the past, but I am a lover of the past.
- Moral collapse follows upon spiritual collapse. I look
upon the immediate future with great apprehension.
- I believe that there are many accommodating preachers,
and too many practitioners in the church who are not believers.
S Lewis Quote
See also: Authors,
Irish People, Famous
People Born in November
Spiritual Writers, Famous
Quotes> Famous C.S. Lewis Quotations